A Box Full of Feelings is designed to support the social and emotional development of children and is built around the four basic feelings of happy, sad, angry and afraid.
The box includes:
- 48 situational pictures (11 x 11cm) – each basic feeling has 12 pictures, with a short story and questions on the reverse
- 16 pictures of the emotion figures (11 x 11cm)
- 4 posters with emotion figures (42 x 29.5cm)
- 17 finger dolls
- 4 carry-around houses of emotions
- 4 masks depicting each feeling for children or adults to wear
- A wheel of emotions with spinner (for games)
- CD of emotive music
- Instruction manual including photocopiable activities
- Sturdy storage box with carry handle.
The Box contains the basic material to get children involved in more than 20 different activities, all year round. They can be offered in a flexible way: as guided group activities, as optional activities, as part of a separate area for social-emotional development or occasionally as a response to certain events.
Use A Box Full of Feelings to help children remain or get in touch with their inner world of feelings, recognise emotions in themselves, accept them, name them and have a more differentiated awareness of them.
A Box Full of Feelings has been developed at the Research Centre for Experimental Education (Leuven University, Belgium)