Board game to teach healthy expressions of anger
Angry Aardvark, Cranky Crab, Furious Frog, Mad Meerkat, Peeved Pig and Raging Raccoon teach children how to respond to anger in healthy ways.
As they move from the Anger Volcano to Tranquillity Beach – with occasional visits to the Time-Out Tent – children answer game card questions about behaviour, responsibility, conflict and relationships. Along the way, they learn that anger is a natural feeling, neither good nor bad. It’s the way someone expresses anger that matters.
The game encourages children to:
- Think about what makes them angry
- Explore their options in responding to anger
- Use a ‘time-out’ when necessary
- Engage in creative problem solving
- Redirect aggression
- Communicate effectively with peers and adults.