This game increases social and emotional intelligence skills through encouraging the understanding of the child’s own feelings, as well as those of others. Within a bingo format, children learn to:
• Identify at least five basic feelings and recognise the situations in which they experience these feelings
• Recognise non-verbal expression of the basic feelings
• Recognise the importance of understanding the feelings of others
• Identify at least three coping strategies for dealing with difficult feelings
• Act in positive, helping ways.
Simply call out a card and if a child matches it on their bingo card, they must answer the question before putting down a chip. A simple yet effective way to teach emotional skills that children will love.