A Skills-Based Programme to Support Achievement in Young People
By Ruth MacConville
A practical, informal and interactive programme providing a creative and engaging way of teaching young people the attitude change, knowledge, practice and skill development that is essential for building resilience. This resource will:
- Teach students how to cope with frustration and failure
- Enable students to recognise and increase their existing strengths and talents
- Introduce strategies for boosting less strong areas while emphasising positive social and academic behaviour and a supportive network and community within the school
- Maximise better outcomes for all children and young people.
- This practical resource includes facilitator notes, background theory, practical guidance, activities and a Powerpoint presentation that can be used to introduce the Building Resilience programme to all staff