The game introduces young people to different behavioural options that can help them to adjust to the single parent situation and visits by the other parent.
Organised into six different stages of divorce:
- Family troubles
- Announcement of separation
- Parent moves out
- Life with custodial parent
- Visits with non-custodial parent
- Life with blended families.
It also addresses six problematic attitudes that children often have about divorce – peer avoidance, paternal blame, maternal blame, self-blame, fear of abandonment, hope of reconciliation. An accompanying workbook is also available.
Question cards include:
- “When John’s mum talks to him about divorce, she seems so calm. John figures that he should act the same way, and not let anyone know how upset and sad he really feels. What do you think John is feelings? What advice would you give to John?”
- “Becky’s mother never believes anything Becky’s father ever says. She always thinks he is up to something. What do you think Becky is feeling? What advice would you give Becky?”
2-6 players Age: 8+