Conduct Management Game is a fun and engaging game which helps reduce conduct problems, conflict and bad behaviour in children and adolescents. As players move around the board, they learn how to:
• Evaluate hostile intent
• Reinforce appropriate behaviour
• Use self-statements and problem-solving skills to control inappropriate behaviour
• Understand the point of view of those in authority.
Question cards include:
● “After Rich breaks a rule, the PE teacher makes him run two laps round the playground. “This proves that she is out to get me” Rich thinks. Then he loses his temper and hits another student. Pretend you are the PE teacher and explain why you punished Rich.”
● “Terrance often starts fights just to prove that he can’t be pushed around. But lately he has been fighting nearly every day. “If I keep this up”, he thinks, “someone is really going to hurt me”. What else can Terrance say to himself that will help him avoid picking fights?”
Please note: several game cards address sensitive issues such as rape, physical abuse and animal abuse. We recommend you review all the cards prior to play and remove any you feel inappropriate.
A workbook of complementary exercises is available separately.