At some point in every teacher’s career he/she will encounter the `hard class’ and from day one the countdown to the end of the day, term and year is on in earnest.
But as demanding as it may be, a difficult class does not have to dominate and permeate through all waking moments. This resource highlights many practical strategies that can be implemented to overcome the hard class syndrome.
- identifying what makes a class `hard’
- developing a class behaviour plan
- developing colleague support
- following up on disruptive students
- changing patterns of bad behaviour
- assisting relief teachers and the hard class
As well as constructive ideas and strategies, Cracking the Hard Class, Second Edition also highlights the normality of the pressures and stress felt by teachers dealing with these classes.