Appropriate ways to behave in the virtual world.
This new resource addresses the misuse of smartphones and other mobile technology in a range of contexts in and out of the school environment. While mobile devices clearly have significant educational uses and benefits, they are also frequently misused.
These question-based discussion cards encourage students to think about and reflect on both the appropriate use and misuse of mobile technology. In addition, using the cards provides an opportunity to establish a considered and agreed set of ground rules to ensure appropriate behaviour is adopted in a consensual way.
Topics for discussion include:
- Texting in lessons
- Social chat rooms
- Homophobic bullying
- Texting in company
- Playing computer games at home
- Talking face to face
- Misuse of social networking sites
- Agreeing school rules on use of mobile phones etc
- Banning electronic devices at home
- A supermarket checkout situation
- Taking pictures in and out of school then posting them on social media
- Celebrities and social media
Ages 11-16 Key Stage 3 & 4