Dr. Playwell’s Counselling Card Games is highly engaging collection that can be used in multiple settings as a treatment programme for a variety of psychological disorders. Created by a prominent child psychologist, Dr. Lawrence Shapiro, each game teaches the emotional intelligence that can help diminish current and future social and emotional problems.
Dr. Playwell’s Counselling Card Games Collection includes:
- Dr. Playwell’s Positive Thinking Card Game – is designed to encourage children to develop a more positive attitude about themselves, their problems, and the people around them. This card game teaches children four essential positive thinking skills.
- Dr. Playwell’s Coping with Stress Card Game – teaches children how to handle stress using well-researched stress reduction techniques that include: deep breathing and muscle relaxation, visualisation, self-talk, and creating a healthy lifestyle.
- Dr. Playwell’s Caring About Others Card Game – is designed to encourage children to understand and care about the feelings of others. In this game children can only win when they start to see the point of view of others and understand the value of helping and caring.
- Dr. Playwell’s Communicating Feelings Card Game – is designed to encourage children to talk about their feelings and understand the feelings of others. This engaging card game challenges children to recognise how different facial expressions and body language convey feelings, and how to listen and interpret the feelings of others.
- Dr. Playwell’s Controlling Your Anger Card Game – teaches children how to recognise and change the things that make them angry, how to compromise in situations where there is a conflict, how to talk about their feelings rather than act on them, and how to self-monitor their emotions.
Contents of each card game: 52 Game Cards 12 Activity Cards 1 Dice Stickers Instructions