Value Set! – Buy four pairs of goggles at a saving!
Simulate the harmful visual, bodily and reactionary disruption that alcohol misuse can cause with these incredibly realistic impairment goggles. They deliver a powerful message about irresponsible drinking and replicate the stark dangers of being drunk.
An outstanding way to educate about the shocking effects of alcohol consumption, Drunk & Disorderly Goggles will instantly simulate the destructive physical effects of drinking too much including:
- Reduced alertness
- Slowed reaction time
- Visual distortion
- Alteration of depth and distance perception
- Reduced peripheral vision
- Poor judgement and decision making
- Double vision
- Lack of coordination.
Drunk & Disorderly Goggles are ideal for use in schools, colleges, underage drinking and drug awareness programmes, alcohol and drug treatment programmes, alcohol support groups and safety management. Each goggle progressively shows the impairment which irresponsible drinking can lead to, with the Low Level goggles offering an excellent insight into the initial stages of drunkenness, while the High Level goggles display the serious impairment irresponsible drinking can lead to. All goggles come in a cloth carrying bag and include an instructors guide.
One each of the following:
- Low Level Drunk & Disorderly Goggles Ref: 383-9943 – Clear lens to simulate moderate impairment, equivalent to 5–7 units of alcohol or 2-2½ pints strong lager / 2 large glasses wine / 4-5 shots vodka
- Low Level Low Light Drunk & Disorderly Goggles Ref: 383-9944 – Dark lens to simulate relatively strong impairment and in a low light environment e.g. a nightclub or driving at night time, equivalent to 8–9 units of alcohol or 3-3½ pints strong lager / 3 large glasses wine / 6-7 shots vodka
- High Level Drunk & Disorderly Goggles Ref 383-9945 – Clear lens to simulate strong impairment, equivalent to 10–14 units of alcohol or 4-5 pints strong lager / 4 large glasses wine / 9-10 shots vodka
- High Level Low Light Drunk & Disorderly Goggles Ref 383-9946 – Dark lens to simulate very strong impairment and in a low light environment e.g. a nightclub or driving at night time, equivalent to 12–16 units of alcohol or 5-6 pints strong lager / 4½-5 large glasses wine / 11-12 shots vodka.
“Very educational [and] excellent in evoking a discussion – all professionals want them for when they are working with young people!”
Charlotte Gordon, Senior Drug & Alcohol Worker/Trainer, Hertfordshire
“Colleagues had a very positive reaction to using the goggles and found them to be fun and effective, although with a serious message behind them… They are adaptable and there are so many things you could do with them; the list is endless.”
Jane Barker Thomas, Drug training Co-ordinator, Wolverhampton
“Very good and realistic… useful as [a] harm reduction tool.”
Sandra Delahunty, Alcohol Project Co-ordinator, Lighthouse Project, Liverpool