A Mindfulness training course to enhance well-being
This is a PSHE resource, in line with the National Healthy Schools Programme and the convincing evidence that a well-rounded education should include an understanding of meditation and the ?inner life?.
Making good use of Mindfulness is a modern life skill. Learning how to live in the ?now?, to make a habit of being aware of the present moment, enables students to notice their thoughts and emotions, plus identify a difference between impulses and action.
Practicing Mindfulness encourages more careful decision-making.
Young people will empathise more, learn from each other, discover how to make the most of relationships, know how to balance ?doing? and ?being?, and a whole lot more besides.
For convenience, the course is laid out in a lesson plan format, but as practice is key to it?s success, it?s advisable to repeat the classes and exercises frequently.
The lesson plans include:
MODULE 1 – TEACHING AND PRACTISING MINDFULNESS
- Learning to live in the present
- The breath
- Being present in the body
- Walking mindfully
- Sitting practice 1 ? Breath and sensation
- Sitting practice 2 ? Adding sounds and thoughts
- Well-being and Mindful movement.
MODULE 2 – MIND SCIENCE AND MINDFULNESS
- The mind-body connection and stress
- The Mindful response and the 3 minute breathing space
- Thinking and interpreting
- Mood and emotion ? alerting to thoughts and moods
- Poetry can bring us into awareness.
FINALE ? MINDFULNESS AND WELL-BEING
54 pages & FREE CD Rom