This practical resource focuses on developing the skills necessary to build and maintain successful relationships. The book offers research-driven, practical strategies, resources and lesson plans to support educators and health professionals. Chapters span key topics including Communication, Respecting Yourself and Others, Resolving Conflict and Team Building. A complete toolkit for teachers and counsellors, this book offers:
• Easy-to-follow and flexible lesson plans that can be adapted and personalised for use in lessons, smaller groups or 1:1 work.
• Resources that are linked to the PSHE and Wellbeing curriculum for KS1, KS2 and KS3.
• New research, ‘Circles for Learning’, where the introduction of baby observation into the classroom by a teacher is used to understand and develop self-awareness, skills for learning, relationships, neuroscience and awareness of others.
• Sections on the development of key skills in communication, skills for learning, collaboration, empathy and self-confidence.
• Learning links, learning objectives and reflection questions.