If you play the rewind button you describe a similar impulse, if you play the stop button you give an example of what you would do instead of following the impulse, and if you play the fast forward button you describe a consequence of carrying out the impulse.
The learning objectives of the game include numerous essential impulse control skills such as:
- Learning from previous mistakes
- Learning to anticipate consequences
- Learning to stop and think before acting
- Learning to strategise and plan ahead
- Working together co-operatively
- Improving problem-solving skills
- Learning the value of impulse control
This game comes with two sets of cards, one for 6 to 10 year olds and one for 11 to 14 year olds.