Designed to be used with the Anger Control Game, this workbook is an excellent option for children aged 8 and up, teaching them the skills they need for effective anger control.
Based on cognitive-behavioral principles, the book focuses on six skills:
- Empathising with the victim
- Distinguishing between aggressive and nonaggressive acts
- Using self-talk to diffuse anger
- Generating and evaluating alternatives to aggression
- Identifying feelings underlying anger
- Evaluating the opinions of others.
Packed full of exercises, this is an excellent, practical way of engaging children with anger management.