A practical collection of user-friendly resources for use with young people aged 8 to 16 who have social and communication difficulties.
“An inspirational resource for both the young person and therapist, this draws on a whole range of tried and tested approaches … an invaluable toolkit to assess and develop skills in 8 to 16 year olds. User-friendly for therapists and non-therapists alike, this is a welcome resource for working with the individual, but is equally adaptable for groups … It even succeeded with students other resources have failed to reach! Exceptional value for money.” – Speech & Language Therapy in Practice, Summer, 2010
The accessible worksheets cover subjects such as self-concept & self-esteem, body language & facial expressions, awareness of self and others, relationship skills, conversational & listening skills, feeling safe and staying in control.
- Provides a valuable assessment tool and indicator of key areas for improving social and language skills.
- Addresses key areas of SEAL and can be used in primary and secondary mainstream as well as SEN settings.
- Illustrated worksheets with simple language are accessible to those with language and learning difficulties.
- Professionals can focus on areas on concern and explore the young person’s view of themselves and others.
- Contains guidance and notes for professionals as well as photocopiable worksheets.
A varied and appealing resource that SLTs, teachers, SENCOs, psychologists and behaviour support workers will find invaluable for use with an older age group not always addressed in social skills materials.
Includes FREE CDRom containing all worksheets and handouts.
2009 192pp A4 paperback