Therapeutic Story StartUps is a creative resource that can be used by therapists and other professionals working with children aged 4-12 years. These resources are designed to support children to understand, explore and express their feelings through story, imagination and play. Six beautifully illustrated storybooks address the themes of: Loss, Anger, Self-Esteem, Bullying, Worries and Family Break-Up. Additionally there are characters, props and scenes to invite the child to act out their own story, asking the question, “What happens next?…”
The full pack includes:
- Six illustrated storybooks, each prompting the child to create their own ending.
- 30 colourful free-standing characters, six background scenes and a number of additional props.
- Six mood-cards designed to support story-making.
- Therapeutic Story-Souvenirs to remind the child of the story they have created.
- Online guidelines for therapists provide prompts for using the stories and suggestions on how to use the resources. Separate guidelines for non-therapists are also provided.