Keeping Myself eSafe teaches children and young people how to stay safe when using the Internet and other digital technologies. It is a collection of animated stories each of which has been designed to promote discussion and raise awareness about eSafety, Internet safety and cyber bullying.
VALUE SET of Cyber Awareness Safety DVDs comprising the following resources:
The primary version features cartoon-like animations with scenarios that are appropriate to the age group 4-11, while the secondary version has much more realistic animations with more complex scenarios suitable for ages 11-16.
These powerful and hard-hitting stories address:
- eSafety for pupils
- Internet safety
- Cyber bullying
- Internet grooming
- Social networking
- Phishing, adware and malware
- Video & mobile technologies
- Intellectual copyright
- Identity theft & online fraud
- Instant messaging, e-mail
- Peer-to-peer file sharing
- eSafety for schools
Each resource includes a comprehensive support pack to provide information and advice for teachers including:
- A lesson plan appropriate to age and stage; resources required; learning objectives; and recommended teaching approaches
- A range of questions, discussion points and suggested responses
- Extended discussion topics and activities
- Fact sheets containing up-to-date statistics and advice
- Strategies which support eSafety for pupils and eSafety in schools
Keeping Myself eSafe also includes an eSafety toolkit. The toolkit contains a range of additional movies that explain the main eSafety issues for young people and offers valuable information and advice on how to keep safe when using the Internet and other digital technologies.