A child’s ability to successfully engage in a restorative approach develops in line with their ability to reason.
These cards have been designed to support the following groups:
- Children in the Early Years
- Children with Special Needs (Autism Spectrum Disorder, Language Disorders)
- Children who have experienced trauma
- Children from Generational Poverty
The Visual Script aims to support these groups by:
- helping them to identify and express their feelings and thoughts, and understand those expressed by others. (expressive and receptive language)
- providing a concrete aid to help them follow an abstract process.
- providing facilitator with language that is brief and clear