Social stories are short stories intended for children with autism to help them understand their social world and behave appropriately within it. Samples stories are arranged into ages 3-5, 5-7, 7-11 and 11-16. The book covers all aspects of writing a social story:
- Kinds of sentence
- Presenting the story to the child
- Writing with a clear focus
- The importance of collaborative working
- Blocks • Advanced stories
- Continuing the creativity.
The book allows children to both write and listen to stories and learn underlying social skills within them. 94 pages Age: 3-16