Create an awareness of the danger of drug & alcohol abuse, get young people thinking about the consequences of the choices they make.
Alcohol seems to be everywhere – in restaurants, sporting events and just about anywhere people are gathered, but unfortunately for some, it causes a lot of problems and illnesses in their lives and families. This resource was written by Di Brokenshire, who as a child, experienced first hand the effects addiction can have on a family.
The following topics are covered:
- Discuss ways to say NO!
- Create an awareness that alcohol can change the way people think, feel and act
- The effects of addiction on peoples lives
- Discuss the consequences of the choices young people might make
- Create an understanding of why people might drink/take drugs
- What to do if you are affected by someone else's addiction
- Illnesses related to smoking
Suitable from Age 10+