Helping Children Locked in Rage or Hate
A guidebook to help children who:
- Hurt, hit, bite, smash, kick, shout, scream or who are out of control, hyperaroused or hyperactive
- Are locked in anger or rage because of sibling rivalry
- Are controlling and punitive
- Regularly defy authority or are diagnosed with a conduct disorder
- Do not want to please people, cannot trust, have stopped looking for love or approval or truly believe they do not need anyone
- Do not really know how to ‘like’ someoe, and definitely do not know how to love someone or are affectionate only if they want something.
How Hattie Hated Kindness
A story for children locked in rage or hate
Hattie lives by herself on an island. Lots of people try to bring kindness to Hattie, but each time she is very horrid to them, smashing and spoiling everything they try to do for her. So after a while they all stop trying and Hattie is very alone. With the help of the lapping water-over-her-toes, Hattie understands that because she’d been a very sad and frightened little girl in a too hard world, she had become hard too, so that the awful fear and the awful pain would go away.
“These books give you an excellent resource, are very elegant to look at and quite uplifting in content – while at the same time addressing a real need”
“Margot’s books are digestible teaching airds for anyone working with children – a resource that would be beneficial in every school both for qualified and non-qualified staff”
Also available as part of the Helping Children with Feelings Set for a discounted price on all of the Helping Children… books!