Join Angus the anxious terrier and Serena the cat in this delightful board game as they deal with 15 common social stressors grouped into three categories:
● Peers (dealing with being left out, handling group pressure, responding to teasing, saying no, and showing sportsmanship)
● Authority (accepting consequences, accepting denials, being honest, managing accusations, and making complaints)
● School (attending, completing homework, meeting expectations, performing in class, and taking tests).
The players engage in role play, learn proven stress management tips, challenge cognitive errors, and learn to identify the triggers and symptoms of stress.
Question cards include:
● “Angus gets a bad mark on his rolling-over test. He says to himself “I’ll never pass obedience school”. Serena the cat, lounging on a windowsill nearby, says to Angus “Don’t think in extremes; it’ll just stress you out. Just because you did badly this time, doesn’t mean you will always do badly”. What can Angus say or do next time that would be less extreme?”
● “True or false? Stress is only in the mind and doesn’t have physical symptoms?”