When teens are clearly troubled, this book can help. If feelings of rejection, anxiety and low self-esteem overwhelm, they may withdraw or vent their anger through anti-social behaviour.
- Full of practical ways to connect with young people
- Learn how to initiate and develop conversations
- Includes key parenting skills
- Experienced contributors offer tried-and-tested interventions
- Understand what lies behind aggressive behaviour
- Help teens address their feelings so they don’t act inappropriately
- Learn why youngsters move into anti-social behaviour
- Worksheets (developed with teens) address key feelings and issues. Use the worksheets to connect in a non-confrontational way
- Outlines research and brain science about what makes young people offend.
A vital resource for professionals and parents who seek to help teens who struggle with anger and feelings of alienation.
202pp A4 paperback