Assertiveness is based on the idea that people have rights and responsibilities. If people respect other people’s rights they may be said to be acting assertively; if they put their own rights first they may be said to be acting aggressively; and if they make their own rights less important they may be said to be acting in a passive way. The pack comes in six sections:
- Is this behaviour assertive, passive or aggressive?
- Give an example of assertive behaviour
- Change this body language to being assertive
- Discussion cards to enhance assertiveness
- Practical suggestions for being more assertive
- Situation cards: being assertive in different scenarios.
78 boxed cards, instructions and ideas