The Domestic Violence Survival Workbook is unique in that it combines two powerful psychological tools designed to enhance domestic violence coping skills: self-assessment and journaling.
Many workbooks, workshops, and self-help systems have been designed to help people explore ways of overcoming abusive relationships. In the past twenty years, research studies have focused on the value of self-reflection and journaling (domestic violence worksheets) as a way of exploring personal characteristics, identifying ineffective behaviors, and examining thoughts and feelings that lead to these ineffective behaviors.?
Recently the problems of family violence and domestic abuse have been brought to the forefront of our consciousness. The reality is that domestic violence occurs in families of all races, cultures, and socio-economic levels. Recognizing early warning signs is critical in the reduction of domestic violence. Part of the problem is that domestic violence encompasses many different types of abuse including physical, sexual, psychological, emotional or verbal, financial, and/or any combination.
The five sections of the workbook help participants learn skills for recognizing and effectively dealing with abusive relationships, utilizing domestic violence worksheets.
- Symptoms of abuse helps survivors to explore the extent to which abuse is impacting their physical wellness, emotions, thought patterns, and detachment from others
- Types of abuse helps survivors explore and examine their relationship with parents, siblings, grandparents, children, friends, and work colleagues. It includes a comprehensive 10-page safety plan.
- Partner behavior helps individuals identify if they are in a potentially abusive relationship.
- Elder abuse helps survivors of elder abuse explore, examine, and manage a variety of emotions.
- Self-empowerment helps survivors examine if they are successfully moving on from the trauma of abuse and living the life they have dreamed of living.
Domestic Violence Worksheets
Each of the five sections contains assessment instruments, activity handouts, domestic violence worksheets, reflective questions for journaling, and educational handouts. They also provide assessment instruments, activity handouts, reflective questions for journaling, and educational handouts.
The Domestic Violence Survival Workbook includes instructions for the professional to get the most out of the material. It is a practical tool for helping professionals such as therapists, counselors, psychologists, teachers, group leaders, etc. Depending on the role of the professional using The Domestic Violence Survival Workbook and the specific group?s needs, these sections can be used individually, combined, or as part of an integrated curriculum for a more comprehensive approach.