Discovering Your Spiritual Path Workbook will help you, as a professional, to guide your participants to the possibilities of spirituality and its benefits. It will help you address a sensitive topic, so complex and immense, without appearing overly simplistic, condescending, incomplete, or confusing.
People on a spiritual path lead more healing, enriching, enlightening, peace-filled lives. While writing this book the authors interviewed over one hundred people of many different faiths and economic backgrounds. They spoke to people of varied ages, genders, sexual orientations, cultures, nationalities, and religions. They were privileged to discuss the topic with believers and non-believers as well as clergy of most every faith.
Spirituality is a critical component of the overall concept of wellness. Spiritual wellness has been described as a process of getting in touch with your inner self by exploring the spiritual themes in your life and thereby discovering your personal spiritual ideas and understandings. One of the goals of this workbook is to open participants to the possibilities of spirituality and its benefits and to either start them on their spiritual path or assist them in enriching their present spiritual path.
Discovering Your Spiritual Path contains five separate sections and a concluding chapter to help participants learn more about themselves and their spiritual natures. They will learn about the importance of spirituality, their ability to integrate spirituality into their everyday lives, and tools and techniques to enhance their spiritual awareness.
- Forgiveness and Acceptance helps individuals explore their ability to forgive themselves and forgive other people.
- Connecting with Others helps individuals explore the strength of their characteristics related to connecting with other people.
- Spiritual Living helps individuals identify how effective they are at integrating spiritual themes into their daily lives.
- Personal Centering helps individuals explore their use of the various spiritual disciplines for finding peace and centering themselves, even when facing life?s challenges.
- Spiritual Awareness helps individuals explore how aware they are of their spiritual nature
- The last chapter helps individuals? process what they have learned from the workbook.
The five sections of Discovering Your Spiritual Path area intended to serve as avenues for individual self-reflection, as well as for group experiences revolving around identified topics of importance. Each assessment includes directions for easy administration, scoring and interpretation, and provides exploratory activities, reflective journaling activities, related quotations, and educational handouts. All materials have been designed to help participants discover their spirituality using a variety of techniques.