A wellness workbook with self-assessments, exercises, and educational handouts
Wellness and health are interrelated, but distinct concepts. Health is considered free from disease. Wellness is much more complex. Optimum wellness balances five basic dimensions: physical, career, emotional, social, and spiritual. In this wellness workbook you will find a wellness scale in each chapter, and wellness worksheets that are printable and reproducible.
This wellness workbook contains five sections to help participants learn more about themselves and their lifestyles. It also includes a bonus section on life skills. The Wellness Lifestyle Workbook is filled with printable wellness worksheets and printable wellness scales for use by your participants.? Participants will learn about a wellness lifestyle that promotes health and well-being by exploring:
- Coping with stress helps individuals identify their basic style for dealing with stress.
- Physical fitness helps individuals identify how well they are eating, are they getting plenty of relaxation, sleep, and are they exercising regularly in order to be able to cope effectively with stress.
- Creative leisure helps individuals explore their leisure interests and creative ways of implementing these interests in productive activities.
- Healthy relationships helps individuals determine whether they have developed a healthy intimate relationship with their partners and productive relationships with family members.
- Spiritual wellness helps individuals explore how spiritually well they currently are.
- Life skills helps individuals identify major strengths and weaknesses in the life skills they possess.
These sections, with the help of printable wellness worksheets, and a wellness scale in each chapter, serve as avenues for individual self-reflection, as well as for group experiences revolving around identified topics of importance. Each assessment includes directions for easy administration, scoring, and interpretation. Included are exploratory activities, reflective journaling activities, and educational handouts to help participants discover their habitual effective and ineffective methods of managing health and wellness and exploring new ways to bring about healing.