This practical handbook begins with the philosophy and psychology underpinning the therapeutic value of story telling. It shows how to use story telling as a therapeutic tool with children and how to make an effective response when a child tells a story to you. It includes:
• Why story telling is such a good way of helping children with their feelings
• What resources you may need in a story telling session
• How to construct your own therapeutic story for a child
• What to do when children tell stories to you
• Things to do and things to say when working with a child’s story.
It is a useful accompaniment to the Helping Children with Feelings series.