This game increases social and emotional intelligence skills through encouraging the understanding of the child’s own feelings, as well as those of others. Within a bingo format, children learn to:
• Identify ways they can manage anger through body relaxation
• Understand that uncontrolled anger can have a negative impact on self and others
• Identify different ways to distract themselves when angry
• Identify situations that make them angry and come up with solutions for coping with the anger or solving the problem
• See the value of acting in positive, helping ways.
Simply call out a card and if a child matches it on their bingo card, they must answer the question before putting down a chip. A simple yet effective way to teach emotional skills that children will love.