The Zones of Regulation is a curriculum geared towards helping students gain skills in consciously recognising their emotions, which in turn leads to increased regulation and problem solving abilities. Using a cognitive behaviour approach, the curriculum helps students learn how to organise their feelings into four different Zones and use metacognitive strategies to regulate within specific Zones to meet their personal, organisational and social needs. In the activities students explore calming techniques, cognitive strategies, and sensory supports so they will have a toolbox of methods to use to help them stay in or move between Zones.
This resource pack contains:
- The Zones of Regulation
- The book lays the foundation of the Zones of Regulation curriculum and includes worksheets, handouts, and visuals to display and share from the accompanying USB.
- The Zones of Regulation Poster Set
- This set of 3 dry wipe posters reinforces the teachings of The Zones of Regulation curriculum.
- Tools to Try Cards for Kids
- Regulation Strategies to Focus, Calm, Think, Move, Breathe, and Connect
- Navigating The Zones – A Pathway to Self-Regulation
- A co-operative game that encourages students to collaboratively build different “Zones Pathways”- visual, sequential, and concrete road maps that help participants practice the process of social problem solving needed for emotional self-regulation.
- Advanced Pack: Cards to Extend Play with Navigating The Zones
- An additional card set for Navigating the Zones to help more sophisticated thinkers (age 10+) further develop their problem solving and self-regulation skills